NC CLEAN TECH SUMMIT: FEB. 26, 2014
Arndt Solar Farm (6.4MW), Catawba County, NC – Photo: Strata Solar
RTP is at the forefront of a truly smart electrical grid, but that’s not the only thing the North Carolina economy has going for it in the search for a low carbon, sustainable future. The Research Triangle is also home to firms specializing in efficient water management, and efficient transportation, and companies across the state have been contributing to the push that has NC near the top of league tables for installed solar capacity last year.
It’s beginning to look like the clean tech sector has the potential to drive sustainable economic development in all corners of North Carolina.
This year, The University of North Carolina Institute for the Environment and Center for Sustainable Enterprise at the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, in partnership with the Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster and Strata Solar, are looking to advance the the cause of clean tech, convening the North Carolina Clean Tech Summit.
Goals of the Summit:
• Increase key stakeholders’ understanding of the current status and growth potential of the clean tech sector in North Carolina.
• Provide insight into how successful companies have obtained the requisite financing to support their development.
• Discuss opportunities and challenges to synergies between public policy and clean-tech supported economic growth in North Carolina.
• Highlight the multiple dimensions of the Clean Tech sector.
• Spur discussion about how to navigate the clean tech disruption.
• Examine innovative models for workforce development to prepare NC citizens for careers in this fast growing sector.
• Explore how a robust clean technology sector can stimulate the economy of the urban and rural areas within the state of North Carolina.
NC Clean Tech Summit
February 26th, 2014
The Friday Center, Chapel Hill NC
View the Agenda & Register