Mark Beasley, PhD
Alan T. Dickson Distinguished Professor of Accounting, Department of Accounting
Director, Enterprise Risk Management Initiative
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Auditing and Financial Reporting
- Enviornmental, Social, Governance (ESG) Risk
Strategically focused organizations are already realizing the need to think ahead 15-20 years to evaluate how and when their business model is likely to be impacted by unsustainable products and services critical to their supply chain, in addition to changes in customer demand for what is currently their ‘crown jewel’ product or service. In the face of such challenges, it is critical that the Poole College of Management integrate topics related to sustainability in our teaching, research, and engagement with businesses.
Mark Beasley, Ph.D.
Alan T. Dickson Distinguished Professor of Accounting
Sustainability Related Courses
- MBA 518 Enterprise Risk Managemet – Course discusses SEC Proposed Climate Change Disclosures.
ERM Roundtable Summit Brings Together Risk Management Leaders From Across the U.S.
Key Research Publications
- Beasley, M. S. (2021). Securing Risk Management Wins from the Pandemic. Financial Management. Published. https://www.fm-magazine.com/news/2021/sep/risk-management-wins-pandemic.html
- Viscelli, T., Hermanson, D., & Beasley, M. S. (2017). The Integration of ERM and Strategy: Implications for Corporate Governance. Accounting Horizons, 31(2), 69–82. https://doi.org/10.2308/acch-51692
- Beasley, M. S., & Showalter, D. S. (2015). ERM and Sustainabilty: Together on the road ahead. Institute of Management Accountants. https://proxying.lib.ncsu.edu/index.php/login?url=https://www.proquest.com/scholarly-journals/ermand-sustainability-together-on-road-ahead/docview/1663762432/se-2?accountid=12725