The Business Sustainability Collaborative works across programs at Poole College to build a sustainability curriculum. In many project-based courses, students have an opportunity to work on real cases related to sustainable business challenges and opportunities.
Integrating Sustainability Across the Curriculum
The Business Sustainability Collaborative works closely with faculty to:
- Identify research topics and research partners at other colleges within the university
- Identify and sponsor sustainability related academic conferences, journals and grant opportunities
- Integrate sustainability topics into courses
- Identify and develop sustainability related cases, problems, or exercises
- Identify sustainability related classroom educational materials such as textbooks, periodicals, and other technical guidance materials.
More and more consumers, not just in the US, but around the world, want to be assured that the products they buy were sourced, produced, delivered with as small an environmental footprint as possible… That is why I am incorporating a module on sustainable operations and supply chain management in my course, MBA 540 Introduction to Operations and Supply Chain Management.
Dr. Eda Kemahlioglu Ziya, Associate Professor, Department of Business Management
NC State Courses Related to the UN SDGs
Sustainability Courses at NC State
Jenkins MBA students from the Summer 2017 “Sustainable Business in Emerging Markets” Study Abroad taught by BSC Director, Jessica Thomas, share their experience.