Mission and Vision
The vision of B Academics is to advance the state of academic study into business as a force for good.
The Global B Corp Academic Community (B Academics) is a network of educators and researchers from around the world who are committed to accelerating the sustainable business movement by studying the global movement of B Corporation certification and benefit corporations. B Academics work with each other, the global B Lab network and the B Corp community to share best practices and identify opportunities for collaboration with regard to research, teaching, and experiential learning.
The Business Sustainability Collaborative is a founding partner of B Academics.
Become a Member Today!
Join our community of students, professors, and researchers committed to using business as a force for good.I'm In!
Membership is open to all including academics, students, practitioners, and policymakers.
By becoming a member of B Academics, you will have access to:
- Our growing repository of over 400 teaching, research and engagement resources directly related to B Corps and benefit corporations
- First 100 members will receive a complimentary electronic copy of “Better Business: How the B Corp Movement is remaking capitalism” by Chris Marquis
- Free access to our quarterly B Academics workshop, webinars and events:
- Q1 – B Academics Teaching Webinar, a conversation with Dr. Chris Marquis of Cornell University, author of Better Business: How the B Corp Movement is Remaking Capitalism – February 23rd, 12.30-1.30 EST
- Q2 – B Academics Teaching Roundtable – June 16th, 1:00-4:00 pm EDT
- Q3 – B Academics Research Professional Development Workshop – Date TBD
- Q4 – Event TBD
- Access and connections to the global network of B Academics which includes close to 2,000 educators, researchers, students and practitioners from over 50 countries, representing more than 600 different organizations.
B Corp Handbook Instructor's Guide
In collaboration with the authors of the second edition of The B Corp Handbook, BSC has developed a companion Instructor’s Guide. The Guide is designed as a resource for academics who are interested in using The B Corp Handbook as a teaching tool, inside and outside the classroom. It includes over 100 tools, resources and projects to engage students in using business as a force for good.
Jan 9, 2022
Refining B Corp Success
In light of the business community’s ongoing emphasis on promoting environmental and social good, more companies are intent on certifying as Benefit Corporations (B Corps). NC State professors conducted exploratory research to find out more about how they differ from other entrepreneurial ventures.
Sep 29, 2021
Jenkins MBA Ranks No. 1 in Diversity in Bloomburg Businessweek's Top B-Schools Ranking
Bloomberg Businessweek announced this week that the NC State Jenkins full-time MBA program has been ranked No. 44 in its Best Business Schools MBA rankings, making it the ninth year NC State has participated in the ranking.