Business Sustainability Collaborative Leadership Program
The Business Sustainability Collaborative at NC State University’s Poole College of Management is pleased to offer this program.
Students will help strengthen the critical bonds between the Initiative and students, to incorporate student interests into Initiative programs and activities, identify new programs and activities.
Please contact Jessica Thomas, Director of the Poole College BSC at Jessica_thomas@ncsu.edufor more information.
Recent BSC Associates
Jan 31, 2022
Bailey Pollard is a BSC Associate studying Business Administration with a concentration in Information Technology.
Jan 31, 2022
Sarah Henderson is a BSC Associate and a Jenkins MBA student at NC State University.
- Obtain a basic understanding of Business Sustainability Collaborative programs in order to effectively articulate Initiative opportunities to stakeholders
- Lead at least one project or program that advances the Collaborative’s existing strategic priorities (NC Sustainability Connection, BSC Conversations, Zero Waste Program, social media strategy, marketing strategy or other)
- Assist faculty recipients of the Business Sustainability Collaborative curriculum development grants with research in developing a sustainability-focused module for their course.
- Report progress updates at monthly strategy meetings.
Successful candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Enrolled within Poole College of Management as a:
- Current graduate student in the MBA (full time, part-time, or online), MAC, MGIM, or MGLM program.
- Current undergraduate student. The position is limited to juniors and seniors, but outstanding sophomores will also be considered.
- Time commitment of an average of 8-10 hours per week during the academic year.
Please contact Jessica Yinka Thomas, Director of the Poole College BSC at Jessica_Thomas@ncsu.edu for more information.
Recent BSC Associate Alum
Jul 25, 2022
Carly Brown is a BSC Associate and an Interdisciplinary Studies Major with a Self-Designed Concentration in Business Applications of Sustainable Development.
Mar 23, 2022
Forbes Documents Prota Fiori's Collaboration with MBA Students in the B Corp Clinic
With the help of the NC State B Corp Clinic, Prota Fiori has become the first woman-owned sustainable luxury footwear company in Italy to achieve B Corp Certification, and Forbes is talking about it!
The Business Sustainability Collaborative Associates role will provide opportunities to:
- Demonstrate and further develop your leadership, entrepreneurial, and problem-solving competencies.
- Represent the Collaborative to Poole College and its key stakeholders.
- Build your network by working closely with the Sustainability Initiative team and partners
- Lead, design, and execute creative programs with Sustainability Initiative support.
- Contribute to the Poole College community.
Successful BSC Associates will receive $15 per hour for undergraduate students and $20 per hour for graduate students.
Please contact Jessica Thomas, Director of the Poole College BSC at Jessica_thomas@ncsu.edu for more information.