The Poole College Business Sustainability Collaborative believes it is essential to prepare our students for the changing business landscape. BSC has identified the courses listed below that related to our college level learning objective of Social Responsibility Awareness. The courses listed are organized by department and include a discussion of ethics, sustainability or DEI at a medium or high level.
Social Responsibility Awareness Learning Objective
Our students will be able to define, identify concerns with, and formulate appropriate responses related to issues of social responsibility including ethical awareness, sustainability, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Define the concepts of social responsibility including ethical awareness, equity, diversity and inclusion, and sustainability.
- Identify specific ethical, equity, diversity and inclusion and sustainability concerns related to business decisions.
- Formulate and describe appropriate actions a business can take to address social responsibility concerns related to ethical awareness and behavior, equity, diversity and inclusion and sustainability.
UN Sustainable Development Goals
NC State University has over 300 courses at the undergraduate level that are related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. A team of undergraduate students working with faculty member Seth Murray created the database, publishing the resource online in April 2021. Use this database to explore courses by SDG or search for courses specifically in Poole college.
Department of Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- MIE 201: Introduction to Business Processes (Prof. Missy Makanui)
- MIE 305: Legal and Regulatory Environment (Prof. John Kuzenski)
- MIE 306: Managing Ethics in Organizations (Prof. Jessica Yinka Thomas)
- MIE 330: Human Resource Management (Prof. Beth Ritter)
- MIE 480: Business Policy and Strategy (Prof. Rich Podurgal)
Department of Business Management
- BUS 340: Information Systems Management (Profs. Sarah Khan, Neal Parker, and Brad Ashbaugh)
- BUS 425: Advanced Personal Financial Management (Prof. Melissa Hart)
- BUS 444: Systems Analysis and Design (Prof. Sarah Khan)
- BUS 460: Consumer Behavior (Prof. Stefanie Robinson)
- BUS 474: Logistics Management (Prof. Bradley Ashbaugh)
- BUS 475: Purchasing and Supply Management (Prof. Brian Brosnan)