by Svetlana Geshtovt, BSC Associate, President of NC State Undergraduate Net Impact Chapter and BS in Business Management/Marketing ’20
In my role as a BSC Associate and President of the NC State Net Impact Chapter, I had the opportunity to enjoy a virtual Lunch’ n Learn talk hosted by BSC and Net Impact, featuring an incredible speaker, Christina Marie Noel! Christina is an award-winning social entrepreneur, marketing strategist, business coach, & speaker that specializes in helping organizations thrive and scale through a unique combination of strategy & storytelling.
Christina shared the top 5 lessons she learned from her interviews with more than 50 inspiring “Arc Benders” designed to help participants change the world and design a life with purpose. Christina’s presentation was truly inspiring, especially considering the challenging times that we are all facing right now. Over 70 people got together virtually from all over the world to learn Top 5 Lessons to help YOU change the world!
At the beginning of the presentation, Christina shared a question that a friend asked her at the beginning of her career “What would you do if you didn’t have to worry about money?” then she elaborated on it, asking the audience, “What would you do if you were not afraid?” For Christina, it was helping and connecting with people and share their stories. She went on collecting people’s stories that inspired her and shared them with the world.
In the presentation, Christina shares the top 5 lessons that she has learned from people who inspired her. Here is a quick run-through:
- Impact isn’t a straight line – There are sometimes events that happen in our lives that we don’t understand the purpose of, but if we stick with it, we will see how it will unfold into a beautiful journey!
- Start where you are – Start small, create change within your house, or a neighborhood, that will inspire bigger change in others. Plant seed goodness, and it will grow beyond your expectations.
- Leverage on your unique skills – Be authentic and true to yourself, and you can gather an inspiring amount of followers who loves your spirit and want to create a happy community with you.
- Believe that you can make the change you seek – Even if you are not a pro in the topic, you can start by planting the seed of inspiration in the community that will blossom into real impact with some time!
- Changing the world is a team sport – Most essential one – you can lead with your passion and light in a fire in people who do have the skills to help you create a change by coming together.
Check out the video recording of “The Top 5 Lessons to Help you Change the World from 50 People Who Have.”