One of the Business Sustainability Collaborative’s primary objectives is to provide educational opportunities, resources, and career support to Poole College students. There are many ways to get involved as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Connect with the NC State University Sustainability Office
- Enroll in sustainability courses
- Explore career paths through the More Than Money (MTM) Careers e-learning platform
- Join the NC State University chapter of Net Impact, a national student organization supporting social and environmentally responsible business
- Attend speaker presentations, conferences, and other sustainability events covering a wide range of environmental and social management issues
- Become a BSC Associate in the Business Sustainability Collaborative Leadership Program
- Attend the Net Impact National Conference and other conferences
- Explore Sustainability Career resources from the Sustainability Office
- Take part in our Zero Waste Program when organizing student-led events
- Social Entrepreneurship Initiative - Through the Institute for Nonprofits, the Social Entrepreneurship Initiative offers Lunch and Learn events, speaker series, student fellowships, and community engagement activities that explore knowledge, skills, and applications of cross-disciplinary social innovation and social enterprise.
- Entrepreneurial Initiative – This is the big umbrella that houses many of the entrepreneurial programs at NCSU. Among other things, the EI offers a Silicon Valley trip every spring and a local entrepreneurs tour every fall.
- eGames – Another offering from the EI is an entrepreneurial competition every spring that gives away tens of thousands of dollars to entrepreneurs on campus.
- Entrepreneurs Village – If you want to live an entrepreneurial lifestyle, the Entrepreneurs Village is an immersive dorm experience for entrepreneurial students.
- Garage – A campus-wide facility open to all students with entrepreneurial aspirations. The Garage contains prototyping tools like 3D printers, laser cutters, and wood-working tools, office space, meeting space, video production facilities, etc. Services are free to students who are members of the Garage.