B Corp Academic Community
SOCAP17 - What B Corps are Doing Together That They Can’t Do Alone
Primary goals for the B Corp Academic Community include:
- Starting a dialogue among members of the academic community to share best practices and inspiration
- Develop connections, programs and resources that will advance innovative research
- Engage students in real world learning and strengthen the global B Corp community.
The B Corp Academic Community was launched at the Building the B Corp Academic Community Roundtable, hosted by B Lab, the NC State Poole College of Management Business Sustainability Collaborative and the Wharton Social Impact Initiative on October 20th, 2016 in Philadelphia. Contact Jessica Thomas to get involved.
2017 Global B Corp Academic Community Roundtable
Join us for the second annual Global B Corp Academic Community Roundtable, hosted by the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto during October 4-5, 2017. This year’s theme is “The Role of the Academic Community in Scaling the B Corp Movement.”
This event is open to faculty and students and other researchers conducting research on and teaching about Certified B Corporations and/or Benefit Corporations (hereafter “B Corps”) as well as representatives from B Corps.
Join us in person for the Roundtable (capacity limited to 75, cost USD50 to cover breakfast and lunch) or via webcast (no cost). Reserve your seat today!
Organizing informal gatherings at existing conferences where there is a critical mass of community members.
- Join us for the 2017 Global B Corp Academic Community Roundtable in conjunction with the B Corp Champions Retreat in Toronto, Canada (October 3-5). Preliminary items on the agenda include three areas of focus: a) research on metrics and impact evaluation; b) curriculum development; and c) technical assistance provided by university student teams through B Impact Teams. Detailed agenda coming in July. Reserve your seat today!
- B Corp resources for educators from B Lab - Includes videos, case studies and additional teaching resources.
- Benefit Corporation Gateway - The Benefit Corporation Gateway gathers curated, useful information for academic researchers, policy makers and entrepreneurs interested in the innovative concept of benefit corporations. The Benefit Corporation Gateway was created by the Institute for Business & Professional Ethics (IBPE) at DePaul University.
- Sistema B's New Academic Digital Library (in Spanish) - Browse the largest repository of information and studies on B Corps and the movement for a new economy, and share your research on this collaborative open access repository.
- About B Impact Teams
- LinkedIn group for academics interested in B Corps
- B the Change media
- Measure the impact of your company with the B Impact Assessment
- Certify as a B Corporation
- Learn more about benefit corporation legal form
- Measure and improve impact of business units or value chain
- Learn more about opportunities for multinational and public companies
The Comprehensive Business Case for Sustainability, Harvard Business Review, October 21, 2016
It Pays to Become a B Corp, Harvard Business Review, December 06, 2016