BSC Industry Advisory Board
The BSC Industry Advisory Board is designed to foster close working relationships among leading business practitioners, academics, and other decision-makers, as well as to create new knowledge and solutions to sustainability challenges.
The BSC Industry Advisory Board brings together leaders from private and public sectors to:
- advise the Poole College of Management on designing educational, research, and outreach initiatives that are responsive to market realities and the perspectives of recruiters, practitioners, and thought leaders
- identify and prioritize emerging trends and key challenges in business sustainability
- review and commission cutting-edge theoretical and applied research
- identify opportunities to convene industry and other stakeholders to collaborate around shared challenges and opportunities, and to share best practices
Board membership is by invitation only and is based on an individual's or company’s potential to contribute thought leadership and institutional support to the BSC’s mission. In order for the Board to be most effective, we seek individuals and firms that represent a diverse range of perspectives, geographies, and industry positions. The initial board term is two years with an option to renew for a second two-year term.
Why Join the Board?
Being on the board provides the opportunity for engagement with NC State faculty, staff, and students in the following ways:
1. Access to Research and Collaboration Opportunities - Board membership allows Board members special access to fundamental and applied research across NC State’s campus. Through engagement with the BSC, members benefit from access to relevant programs, products, and publications. In this sense, the BSC can be a portal to practical and inter-disciplinary insights that may provide your organization with unique competitive advantage.
2. Engaging with NC State Students and Developing the Next Generation of Leaders - Membership on the Board gives your organization visibility among Poole College students, and access to work with them through the BSC’s activities and programs. The BSC advises the NC State Net Impact Chapter, the club for students across NC State interested in careers in sustainable business, and can provide access to the student leaders.
3. Exchanging Best Practices with Other Leaders - Board colleagues will represent a cross-section of leading organizations that face similar challenges to yours. The board will meet twice a year to provide feedback on the BSC’s strategic planning process and to explore topical issues through presentations and roundtable discussions. Presentations will include NC State faculty, scholars from outside NC State, board members, and outside speakers. There will be ample time to engage actively in collaboration with other Board members.
4. Connecting with BSC Programs and Resources - Member organizations will receive complimentary registration and/or reduced rates at BSC events and other Poole College events throughout the year. As the BSC develops new initiatives and programs, member organizations will be the first to hear about opportunities for partnership with the Collaborative. NC State also has resources available for executive education and sponsored research, and welcomes the opportunity to discuss opportunities in these areas with our members.