Speed Networking with Change Makers Spring 2023
Written by Johnny Nguyen
Want to learn how businesses can drive positive impacts to our community, society, and planet? Our recent speed networking event hosted in collaboration with the Business Sustainability Collaborative (BSC) and the Student Business Sustainability Association (SBSA) on March 30, 2023 offered NC State students and local professionals an opportunity to learn first hand from our local Triangle-based businesses!
With over 10 featured company representatives and 30 participants, the atmosphere was buzzing with energy, as everyone engaged in lively conversations and made valuable connections. At the beginning, BSC Associate Malhar Shah welcomed all the attendees and had each featured speed networker introduce themselves. Then, participants had the opportunity to spend 15 minutes with each company before being asked to rotate to another organization. The rotation continued until the very end of the event to give each person an opportunity to network with everyone while grabbing some food and drinks. At the conclusion, participants were welcomed to stay around for more casual conversations. Johnny Nguyen, a BSC Associate and the CEO of SBSA, was incredibly excited to see the wide range of businesses who have made progress and achievements toward making positive differences. He found it inspiring seeing how everyone was so passionate about their role, their organization, and the impacts they are making.
Overall, the speed networking event was a huge success, with attendees and business representatives leaving with new connections and exciting ideas for promoting impacts and sustainability in their communities. BSC and SBSA hope to continue to foster these connections through similar future events.
The featured networkers who participated include:
- Alison Fiori, the Sustainability Manager at NetApp.
- Amanda Vargochik, the Co-founder and Chief Innovation Officer at Sinnovatek.
- Christina Noel, the Founder and Principal at Noel and Co.
- Emma Browning, the Founder and Managing Director at Paradox Consulting.
- Gianna D’Auria with Raleigh Founded.
- Isabella Dearr with Raleigh Founded.
- Jordan Bowman, the Executive Director at Journeymen Triangle.
- Jordan Wall with Karma Wallet.
- Kara Gravinese, the Innovation and Business Development Analyst at NC Electric Cooperative.
- Kristen Powers, the Executive Director at Benevolence Farm.
- Mel Hubner, the Director of Social Impact & Sustainability at Brand Fuel.
- Montana Wagner-Gillespie, the Product Development Lead at BioMilq.
- Sarah Piephoff, the Senior Marketing Associate at BioMilq.
We were honored to have these incredible company representatives attend our event! We hope to have inspired our participants with how they too can make a difference through their actions and careers!