Business Sustainability Collaborative Leadership Program
The Business Sustainability Collaborative at NC State University’s Poole College of Management is pleased to offer the Business Sustainability Collaborative Leadership Program for the 2015-2016 academic year. The Leadership Program is looking for committed, exceptional graduate and undergraduate students to work collaboratively to advance the Initiative’s strategic priorities, to strengthening the critical bonds between the Initiative and students, to incorporate student interests into Initiative programs and activities, to identify new programs and activities and to serve as student representatives of the Initiative.
2015 - 16 BSC Associates
- Desislava Dancheva, BS Business Administration'17
- Annabelle Fernandez, MALS '16
- Hugh V. Fisher, MBA'16
- Anne Leuthold, BS Business Administration '16
- Rudhawarsh Loganathan, MBA'17
- Shannon O’Shea, MBA'17
- Padmaja Soundararajan, MBA'16
- Obtain a basic understanding of Business Sustainability Collaborative programs in order to effectively articulate Initiative opportunities to stakeholders
- Lead at least one project or program that advances the Collaborative’s existing strategic priorities (NC Sustainability Connection, BSC Conversations, Zero Waste Program, social media strategy, marketing strategy or other)
- Identify one new project or program to lead that will advance the Collaborative’s strategic priorities
- Assist faculty recipients of the Business Sustainability Collaborative curriculum development grants with research in developing a sustainability-focused module for their course.
- Serve as representatives of the Initiative
- Report progress updates at monthly strategy meetings.
Successful candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Enrolled within Poole College of Management as a:
- Current graduate student in the MBA (full time, part-time, or online), MAC, MGIM, or MGLM program.
- Current undergraduate student. The position is limited to juniors and seniors, but outstanding sophomores will also be considered.
- Member of NC State Net Impact Club (it's free to join!).
- Time commitment of an average of 8-10 hours per week during the academic year.
The Business Sustainability Collaborative Associates role will provide opportunities to:
- Demonstrate and further develop your leadership, entrepreneurial, and problem-solving competencies.
- Represent the Collaborative to Poole College and its key stakeholders .
- Build your network by working closely with the Sustainability Initiative team and partners
- Lead, design, and execute creative programs with Sustainability Initiative support .
- Contribute to the Poole College community.
Successful BSC Associates will receive $12 per hour for undergraduate students and $18 per hour for graduate students.
The BSC Associates are selected for an academic year, with renewals based on the student’s performance as an Associate and in their program of study.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis for the 2015-16 academic year. Please submit to Jessica Thomas, Director of the Poole College BSC at Jessica_thomas@ncsu.edu, your resume and responses to the questions below (100 word limit for each response).
- Why are you interested in serving as a BSC Associate? Aow do you think you will be able to contribute and what are you hoping to learn from this experience?
- Describe one existing BSC program you would be interested in working on and one new project you would be interested in launching that would add value to the Initiative. In both cases briefly explain why.
- What is your personal vision for the role that business can play in driving global social, environmental and economic change and how does that vision relate to your career goals?