More Than Money Careers
Connecting NC State students and alumni to impactful careers
Presented by the NC State Poole College Business Sustainability Collaborative, NC State Sustainability Office and NC State Net Impact Chapter
NC State is launching a new partnership to help mission-driven students and alumni get clear, get connected, get hired! Our new partner, More Than Money (MTM) Careers, has distilled over 40 years of best practices into an e-learning platform that will help you:
- Decide which well-paying career is a better fit for your skills and passions via 3 custom-made assessment tools,
- Identify jobs and internships before they are available on job boards, and
- Successfully apply and interview for opportunities that pay well, and fit your passions and the impact you want to have.
All NC State students and alumni have access at no cost to the More Than Money Careers platoform. Select "North Carolina State Univeristy" from the drop down lis. Use your ncsu.edu email address to creat a log in. Explore the MTM Careers e-learning platform.
Upcoming MTM Careers Webinars
Register for the More Than Money Careers Platform:
Free for NC State students and alumni when you use your ncsu.edu email adress.
Register for one of the webinars below on your profile page.
Note that students have to complete their triple fit on that page in order to access registration links for our upcoming webinars.
This fall, More Than Money Careers will be facilitating the following webinars:
- September 9, 2015 (3pm-4pm ET) Getting Mentored
- September 22, 2015 (12noon-1pm ET) Impact Investing Primer
- October 6, 2015 (12noon-1pm ET) CSR Careers Primer
- October 20, 2015 (12noon-1pm ET) Going to Impact Conferences
- November 3, 2015 (12noon-1pm ET) Money & Your Career
- November 17, 2015 (12noon-1pm ET) International Development Careers
- December 1, 2015 (12noon-1pm ET) Resume 3.0
- December 15, 2015 (12noon-1pm ET) Search Strategies for the Holiday Season
More Than Money Carees Workshop
In April of 2014, More Than Money Careers co-founder Dr. Mrim Boutla visited NC State for a series of career development workshops.
About Mrim Boutla
Dr. Boutla is a brain scientist turned career coach turned social entrepreneur. Both at Brown University and at the Kelley School of Business (Indiana University), Mrim has successfully coached hundreds of liberal arts graduates, MBA students and PhD candidates interested in pursuing careers that successfully blend financial return with social impact and environmental responsibility. By combining her 10 years of studying how the brain works with her in depth knowledge of career planning, career switching strategies and job search techniques, Mrim has developed proven career management and job search systems that will make your career and job search faster and easier.