Global B Corp Academic Community
SOCAP17 - What B Corps are Doing Together That They Can’t Do Alone
- Starting a dialogue among members of the academic community to share best practices and inspiration
- Develop connections, programs and resources that will advance innovative research
- Engage students in real world learning and strengthen the global B Corp community.
The B Corp Academic Community was launched at the Building the B Corp Academic Community Roundtable, hosted by B Lab, the NC State Poole College of Management Business Sustainability Collaborative and the Wharton Social Impact Initiative on October 20th, 2016 in Philadelphia. Contact Jessica Thomas to get involved.
- Monthly conference calls to share best practices and discuss opportunities for collaboration around curriculum development, research, experiential learning and other topics.
Organizing informal gatherings at existing conferences where there is a critical mass of community members.
- 2nd Annual Global B Corp Academic Community Roundtable in conjunction with the B Corp Champions Retreat in Toronto, Canada (October 3-5). Preliminary items on the agenda include three areas of focus: a) research on metrics and impact evaluation; b) curriculum development; and c) technical assistance provided by university student teams through B Impact Teams.
- B Corp resources for educators from B Lab - Includes videos, case studies and additional teaching resources.
- B Local Leaders Directory
- Benefit Corporation Gateway - The Benefit Corporation Gateway gathers curated, useful information for academic researchers, policy makers and entrepreneurs interested in the innovative concept of benefit corporations. The Benefit Corporation Gateway was created by the Institute for Business & Professional Ethics (IBPE) at DePaul University.
- Sistema B's New Academic Digital Library (in Spanish) - Browse the largest repository of information and studies on B Corps and the movement for a new economy, and share your research on this collaborative open access repository.
- About B Impact Teams
- LinkedIn group for academics interested in B Corps
- B the Change media
- Measure the impact of your company with the B Impact Assessment
- Certify as a B Corporation
- Learn more about benefit corporation legal form
- Measure and improve impact of business units or value chain
- Learn more about opportunities for multinational and public companies
The Comprehensive Business Case for Sustainability, Harvard Business Review, October 21, 2016
It Pays to Become a B Corp, Harvard Business Review, December 06, 2016